Florida experiences a high number of motorcycle accidents. As the second-highest in the country, Hancock Gaeta, P.A. works with many families enduring the trauma of motorcycle accident injuries or fatality.
Our caring and compassionate legal team members put clients first in helping them understand how to pursue compensation for their financial, physical, and emotional damages. Money cannot make up for them entirely. However, you can pay for your associated expenses by holding negligent parties accountable for their actions.
If you or a family member sustained motorcycle injuries or experienced loss of life after an accident, Hancock Gaeta, P.A. addresses the remedies available to you. When you work with our Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyers, you have peace of mind that we are protecting your rights.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
Top of Form
We respect your privacy and do not tolerate spam and will never sell, rent, lease or give away your information
Bottom of Form
Find out more about how Hancock Gaeta, P.A. helps victims of motorcycle accident injuries by calling 954-281-2231 or sending us a message through our request form.
Representing Motorcycle Accident Victims in Fort Lauderdale
Hancock Gaeta, P.A. sees multiple types of motorcycle accident injuries or fatalities that are life-changing for our clients. In general, motorcycle accidents stem from driver negligence or a defective product.
Our Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyers will assist you and your family under in going after the following types of negligent drivers and manufacturers:
- Distracted drivers: Motorcycles are smaller than other vehicles in the roadway. However, this assertion does not imply that attentive drivers cannot see you. Instead, it reinforces why distracted driving is problematic. There is compensation available for victims of drivers who did not dedicate their full attention to live traffic.
- Road rage: Driving causes some people to throw temperance out the window in favor of unleashing anger. However, this does not mean that the driver should walk away from the devasting injuries or death that he or she caused you.
- Drunk drivers: Not only is it negligent to drive drunk, but it is also incredibly illegal and morally corrupt. Someone else caused your injuries after they decided to put your life and others at risk. You should not have to pay for someone else’s careless judgment. We can help you at every critical turning point in your case against a drunk driver.
- Defective motorcycles: Malfunctioning and faulty parts can cause your bike to perform in unexpected ways. The most common types of motorcycle defects affect the frame, engine, fuel tank, brakes, tires, and handlebars. Hancock Gaeta, P.A. helps you identify the cause of your motorcycle’s malfunction and file a lawsuit against its manufacturer.
- Traffic hazards: Broward County and Fort Lauderdale share a responsibility to ensure that public roadways are free from debris and hazards. Traffic hazards are particularly dangerous to motorcyclists since they have less traction versus a standard passenger vehicle. Potholes, cracks, and uneven payment are some issues that give rise to a dangerous or deadly motorcycle accident.
Identifying the cause and parties responsible are the first steps the Hancock Gaeta, P.A. team takes to begin drafting your initial demand letter and complaint. You do not have to pay for a motorcycle accident that you did not cause.
Financial restitution is available for you to pursue in civil court. Speaking with one of our Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyers will help you understand the opportunities for you and your loved ones.
You can schedule your no-obligation case review with Hancock Gaeta, P.A. today. Request yours by calling 954-281-2231 or submitting a message through our request form. Let us understand how we can serve you and your loved ones through this challenging and heartrending time.
Your Rights After Sustaining Motorcycle Accident
After hiring Hancock Gaeta, P.A., we will immediately begin working on your case. Depending upon the activity transpiring thus far, we will issue a demand letter, draft your initial complaint, and negotiate a reasonable settlement offer before filing a personal injury, product liability, or wrongful death lawsuit.
If they reject your initial offer, we are not afraid to take your case to trial. Negligent drivers have a right to the due process of the law, but that does not mean that they will succeed.
To build your case, we begin by taking the following steps:
- Research and documentation: We request a copy of your accident report, medical records, medical bills, and insurance policy agreements. These documents allow your Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyer to comprehend the extent of your injuries and accident fully.
- Demand for payment: When you hire Hancock Gaeta, P.A., our first step is to submit a letter of representation to all relevant parties to your claim. This action ensures that we are following the tenets of good faith, while letting the negligent driver that you are serious about pursuing a claim. We will demand a payment in full and provide notification that we will file a lawsuit if they cannot meet your demands.
- Pretrial litigation: If the opposing party refuses to pay what they owe, then we will file your complaint in the proper court of jurisdiction. This location will most likely be in Broward County Circuit or County Court or wherever your accident occurred. After that, we will get to work on diligently representing your best interests in continued negotiations in and out of court.
You are not alone when you work with Hancock Gaeta, P.A. Our team of legal professionals and Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyers help you understand what is ahead, as well as answer any questions you may have.
Compensation Is Available for Motorcycle Accident Injury Victims or Their Loved Ones
Motorcycle injuries tend to be severe since the driver does not have the protection of a vehicle cabin surrounding them. It is for this reason why distracted driving and other causes of motorcycle accidents demonstrate negligence. The individual, who caused your injuries or loved one’s death, and their insurance company will attempt to refute your claims.
However, when you hire Hancock Gaeta, P.A., we will counter their arguments, point-for-point, when pursuing compensation related to your following losses:
- Current and future medical bills: As we litigate your case, we will assert your right to receive compensation. Your demand letter and complaint may include a request for all necessary medical expenses, including prescription drugs, surgery, rehabilitation, therapy, and much more.
- Lost wages and benefits: If your accident caused you to miss work, our team will track the wages you lost. We will also request lost vacation time, insurance benefits, pensions, and any other employment-related losses.
- Pain and suffering: The trauma of physical pain is significant. You are likely enduring regular hospital visits, PTSD, depression, anxiety, and mental anguish. The Florida civil court system provides opportunities to receive compensation for your mental anguish.
- Wrongful death: A family member’s death is devastating no matter what circumstances surrounded it. Civil justice laws recognize the anguish and losses that surviving spouses and children endure as a result of a fatal motorcycle accident. No amount of money can bring him or her back, but the awards available can help you receive financial support to raise your family and restore as much wholeness as possible.
- Punitive awards: In rare situations, courts can order your detractor to pay you additional money for exerting an extreme level of negligence. Punitive awards are reserved for these types of cases.
The State of Florida does not place limits on how much you can recuperate for your expenses and emotional pain and suffering. However, there may be a cap on the amount of damages you can receive for wrongful death and pain and suffering awards.
Hancock Gaeta, P.A. will carefully evaluate your case to ensure that allow of your losses are accounted for by requesting the maximum amount available. You can learn more about our compassionate legal services by calling 954-281-2231 or submitting a message through our request form.
There Are Time Limits for Filing a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit in Florida
The State of Florida, like every other state, imposes a deadline upon the time in which you have to file a civil lawsuit. Legal professionals and current legislation refer to this time limit as the statute of limitations.
Most motorcycle accident injury claims fall under the arm of personal injury law and may include other sub-practice areas, including product liability and wrongful death. Each body of law follows specific rules and depends upon the particular circumstances of your case.
Below, you can review the Florida statute of limitations for each type of claim:
These time limits allow you and your Fort Lauderdale accident lawyer to gather sufficient evidence to prove your claims without placing an undue burden on the civil justice system. Hancock Gaeta, P.A. ensures that your case meets every critical deadline without fail.
Why You Should Choose Hancock Gaeta, P.A. to Represent You
When it comes to competent and experienced legal representation, Hancock Gaeta team is ready to demonstrate and prove why our legal services make a difference. Since our sole focus is Florida personal injury law, your case receives specific attention in areas where our resources and professional network can elevate your case results.
You and your loved ones deserve a committed legal team that offers the following services:
- Experience: The foundation of our firm rests upon our years of collective, aggregate experience. As a personal injury-only law firm, our Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyers spot the issues and merits of your case with practicality and subject-matter expertise. Our goal is to recover as much of your financial and emotional losses as allowable under the Florida civil court system.
- Legal counsel: You are going to have questions for us throughout your motorcycle accident injury case. We are available to our clients through multiple modes of communication, which means we respond to client inquiries promptly using the tools that work for them. Our advice and guidance can help you manage your case for the most beneficial result.
- Flexible fees agreements: Affordability is a significant barrier for clients, who want the legal protections that a Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyer provides. The good news is that Hancock Gaeta, P.A. offers our clients a contingency-fee arrangement. Therefore, you do not pay us an upfront retainer or case management fees until we recover your damages.
- Professionalism: Every member of our legal team understands the trauma that you are facing after your motorcycle accident. While we will not pretend to know precisely what you are going through, you can take comfort in the humble, empathetic way we communicate with our clients. You have the assurance that someone will stand by your stand, no matter what you face.
- Free case evaluation: The only way to be sure that our firm is a good fit for your needs is by speaking with us directly. You may have concerns or apprehensions, even approaching a personal injury lawsuit. Allow us to provide insight into your options by contacting us for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the details of your injuries and the potential to receive compensation.
Even if you are too injured to leave your house or hospital, the Hancock Gaeta, P.A. offers will come to visit with you. We understand the unique trauma surrounding a motorcycle accident injury or the occurrence of death.
We will go after the parties responsible for this significant, life-changing event. Our Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyers are there with you and your loved ones every step of the way. In short, it is our mission to treat you like family.
Contact Hancock Gaeta, P.A. for a Free, No-Obligation Consultation
Hancock Gaeta team is ready to help you and your family members pursue the compensation you deserve. We are extending the invitation to contact us to discuss the details of your case through a free, no-obligation case evaluation. You can request yours by calling 954-281-2231 or sending us a message through our contact form.